Saturday, September 7, 2013

Butch Dawson



Over the past couple of weeks I have become  pretty good friends with a few dudes associated with the Baltimore based rap crew 7th Floor Villains. One of the many homies I have been kicking it with is Butch Dawson. He produces alot of beats and also raps, and made one of my favorite songs that the crew has out right now:



The first time I saw him play, I think, was at that one Llamadon with the handsome boy juice at that warehouse place. I was wasted, but I remember someone throwing pokemon cards at some point. Since then we have kicked it a good amount of times, and the last time I saw him I indirectly got him to play "Irongrip" twice, which fucking ruled. He makes some really fucking dope beats and also has a really awesome style of rapping. Real original. Real cool. His style is more relaxed and subject matter is less serious and hard, which honestly makes him more genuine in my opinion. Obviously I have nothing against rappers with "thug" content, that is some of my favorite shit, but its nice when people are honest in their music and don't put on some front in order to try to assimilate themselves with some image involved with their specific medium or genre. Shit is real.

You can read some actual article about him here. One of his homies is associated with this blog and you can download alot of villains' material from that. This is his Sound cloud and this is his new album, Champion Ships, which fucking rules so hard. Seriously, check that shit out real soon. You can download his stuff from his sound cloud and also from Dope Blog, so yeah, do that. Hopefully the video for "Yadda Yadda" will be done soon, so keep an eye out for that. Word.







PS. Come to this show and see a metric fuck-ton of my friends:


No comments: