Thursday, April 4, 2013

J Dilla



James Dewitt Yancey, aka J Dilla or Jay Dee, was a prolific hip hop producer from Detroit. Before his untimely death at the hands of some blood disease with a huge name in 2006, Dilla worked with anyone who was hot in the hip hop world. There are hella documentaries and websites devoted to the dude, and I don't feel like I should tarnish his name by regurgitating rudimentary facts about him, but I would encourage everyone to take some time to smoke a blunt and listen to some Jay Dee. Stones Throw posted his actual discography, so go take a peak at that crazy list. I'm going to post a few videos below, followed by a shit ton of his albums. Because I am posting so many I don't think I'm going to put the album art above it, but I mean most of the big ones are really easy to find on the internet. Download every single fucking one of the links below, and listen to them until you blow your speakers. I'm serious. You can find his records everywhere, and you should buy them. Seriously, downloading this stuff is the best thing you have done all year. J Dilla is legit top 5 beat makers / producers of all time. I'm serious, if you never listened to this shit then you probably don't like beats. Or you like bad beats. Or you are just dumb.

Do you have any idea how long it took me to upload this stuff? Word.








***



















Fantastic Vol. 1 & 2













1 comment:

JOJOFACE said...

this is rad. thank you.