Thursday, January 26, 2012

Owltian Mia



Snowmageddon AKA The Snowpocalypse is over.

Owltian Mia were a band from Virgina Beach back in the '90s. They sound kinda like Mineral. I peeped some videos and they had three guitarists and a drummer that sang sometimes. He sings on my favorite song. Last.FM can tell you more than I can:
Owltian Mia formed in Virginia Beach/Norfolk after the break up of Words A Game circa 1995. Inspired by the underground scene before the term Emo was coined, they released a double 7” on Tree Records, called “The Greatest Games Ever Played”. Of course at such a young age you could either blow up and get signed by a larger indie label or disband and go to college. Bobby and Brock both went out of state to pursue art schooling, and the rest of the guys did college in Norfolk and started a band called The Candyland Carcrash. Bobby and Brock would return for the holidays and summers to play shows and record. Always having problems with the line up, by the time they recorded the “4 Track Basement Recording” they were at the end of the Owltian Mia legacy. There is also a song recorded by Bobby and Adam called “Let’s Play” which is a true representation of the final days.


I found a few of their albums, some mislabeled. From what I could gather I have some demo songs, their lil LP, and some unreleased tracks. I found a few live recordings but didn't download them. If you would want something like that I can't really be of too much help, but it wasn't difficult to find. I highly recommend this band to everyone, at least download The Greatest and listen to it once the whole way through.



Word


***


The Greatest Games Ever Played


Demo


Unreleased Tracks

No comments: