Saturday, October 30, 2010

Towers



So last week I was talking to my friend Paul about bands and shows and whatever when he showed me the blog he ran. My band was going to play the last show at his house in California but his landlord told him he couldn't do it or something, but it was cool because we got to play with Glasses and Comadre that day. Anyways, while I was looking on his blog I saw that Towers and Dogs of Ire played at his place on their tour this summer promoting their split. Naturally, I asked Paul if he had any of their tracks and he told me that it was fucking impossible to find their discography. He was right, kind of. It took me a little while to find out that most of their releases are not really circulating the web, but you can go onto Towers' bandcamp and download a good portion of their earlier work (any split on there only has the Towers' tracks, but its better than nothing). I already had an album called "Collections", which seems to be an earlier discography or something, but I didn't see it listed on the band's discography section of their site. I did my best in locating a large portion of their material, but alas, I couldn't find all of it. I could not find their splits with They & The Children, Dogs of Ire or U.S Funk Team, although I have the later on vinyl and will upload that when my record player gets sent to me.
Towers is a an experimental hardcore band from Philly. Their sound is comparable to Dawn Treader and Capsule I suppose; it utilizes hardcore and punk elements but throws in "weird" shit here and there. I once read that Hell Songs by Daughters was a mescaline trip put to music, but I think that that label is more applicable to Towers. I'm pretty bummed that I haven't got the chance to see Towers live yet, but hopefully that will change soon, this band seems pretty active. I strongly suggest that you download this shit because they are one of the better bands coming out of New England/The Mid Atlantic right now. Below is as much of their music as I could find and a video. BTW, they also have a song on both the 75:24 and Emo Apocalypse compilations, which can all be acquired elsewhere on here. BUY THEIR SHIT.



If you have any albums that I don't, like always, give them to me in a comment or something and I will put them up. Word.

PS. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TOWERS BUT STREET SMART CYCLIST IS HAVING A REUNION SHOW IN BETHLEHEM, PA ON DECEMBER 26TH.


***


Full Circle


Self Titled LP



Self Titled 7"


Collection


Demo/Split With The Exelar


Towers / D'amore Tracks from both bands, thanks THIOB


Songs from Split with Take Down Your Art

4 comments:

thiob said...

Towers is an amazing band! I really like their sound. Hopefully they'll tour Europe soon!

I don't have much MP3s from this band. But I have the whole split with D'Amore (which includes the D'Amore songs). D'Amore was crazy, I love this band too! Here is the split: http://www.mediafire.com/?pb9760wkk1c8m9e
Btw, if you want more D'Amore songs, I have the discography.

CHUG LIFE said...

HOLY FUCK EMAIL ME THE LINK TO THEIR DISCOGRAPHY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HEY_WAITRESS@MAIL.COM

conheartist said...

Actually, Im still active with the blog. I just havent posted my stories and photos up yet. Thanks for the shout out though :)

coerced said...

.